Wednesday May 23, 2018

PetroEnergy Information Network

Sunday / 1/28/2018 12:00:00 AM / 18:08
Service : Gas
News Id : 281098
Reporter : 763

Iran Firms win most South Pars 11 Tenders: Official

(Sunday, January 28, 2018) 18:08

TEHRAN, Jan. 28 (Shana) -- A senior Iranian energy official says domestic companies have won in many of the key tenders concerning development of the South Pars Phase 11 project.

Speaking to Shana, Managing director of Pars Oil and Gas Company Mohammad Meshkinfam said the list of the contractors that have won in the main tenders will be announced in a month.

He said the bids are reviewed by Total and will be announced soon, adding the tenders concern almost all sectors of the project excluding drilling operations.

Meshkinfam further said that development of the offshore project's jackets, topside, seabed pipeline, platform and installations have been held and the credentials of their contractors are being vetted by Total.

So far a sum of 50 million dollars has been expended for the project, he said, adding construction of the project will officially start in the second half of 2018.

Total and the National Iranian Oil Co. (NIOC) have signed a 20-year contract for the development of and production from Phase 11 of the South Pars gas field in the Persian Gulf.

The facilities will have a production capacity of 2 bcf/d, or 400,000 boe/d including condensate. Produced gas will supply the Iranian domestic market from in 2021.

This is the first signing under the new Iranian Petroleum Contract (IPC), and is based on the technical, contractual, and commercial terms outlined in the heads of agreement signed last November.

Total is operator of the SP11 project with a 50.1% interest, in partnership with Chinese state-owned oil and gas company CNPC (30%), and NIOC subsidiary Petropars (19.9%).